Breast Augmentation Benefits
Taking the step to have surgery is a big decision – but resolving the appearance of your breasts can do wonders for your self-confidence and self-esteem. Beyond the importance of a positive body image, this surgical procedure can bring a range of other important benefits:
- More beautiful balance between upper and lower body
- Breasts even in size, looking and feeling plump and firm
- Resolves uneven breast size
- Surgical procedure can improve the appearance of nipples
- Creates a more attractive look
- Provides appealing cleavage for low cut garments
Breast augmentation Baltimore surgery has come a long way in recent years. Newer types of implants are more natural in appearance than those manufactured in the past and less likely to have problems such as rippling and capsular contracture. Dr. Brent Birely is a leading breast augmentation surgeon who has performed over 5,000 procedures to date – and there is truly no substitute for experience in this delicate surgical procedure.
Plastic surgeons refer to breast augmentation as “augmentation mammoplasty.” This procedure is commonly performed on women who are unhappy with the appearance, size, or symmetry of their breasts. With youthful, firm, plump breasts, your entire body can appear far more appealing, beautifully enhanced.
Breast Augmentation Surgery in Maryland: Artistry in Plastic Surgery
Our patients report they experience many advantages of enhanced breast size. Dr. Birely is a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon with over two decades in practice. Each person comes to us with unique cosmetic goals. The first step in planning a breast augmentation is a full evaluation of your breast tissue and a discussion about the enhancement you envision for yourself. With many more sizes, shapes, and types of implants, the results achieved are far superior to what was possible in the past.
Latest Generation Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation in Maryland
Some of the latest generation of breast implants include:
- Gummy bear implants: Silicone implants that look and feel like natural breasts due to the thicker silicone within the shell. These implants also have a lower rate of rupture.
- Teardrop implants: Mimicking the natural shape of breast tissue, teardrop implants are form-stable with a textured shell, and come in a wide array of teardrop shapes from wide to tall ovals. These are often appropriate for thinner women.
- Round implants: Round breast implants remain the most popular shape for women who choose to undergo breast augmentation surgery. These implants create plump, soft, rounded breasts, and implants are available in a range of sizes and projections. They have a smooth shell which is proven to produce fewer issues (such as rippling) than implants with a textured shell.
- Saline breast implants: Many women are interested in saline breast implants, as they are filled after placement and require a smaller incision, which can often be hidden within the armpit. In the rare occurrence of a rupture, it will be discovered quickly, as the saline solution will leak into the body – with no health risk.
- Silicone breast implants: Silicone implants are very popular, as this type of implant most effectively produces a natural feel and appearance. The silicone gel within the implant feels more like a natural breast tissue than saline, although more recently developed saline implants are improving this aspect with structured versions.
Why get Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Women choose to undergo breast augmentation surgery for various reasons. The most common is to achieve a breast size that a patient feels is more attractive and appealing. Other reasons include breast reconstruction after a mastectomy or lumpectomy. Dr. Birely understands the importance of restoring your body, and works with cancer survivors to help them restore a natural look if a breast, or both breasts, have been removed. It can be an important step on the road to a full recovery.
The Breasts You Wanted from a Premier Breast Augmentation Surgeon
The majority of women undergo breast augmentation surgery because they are unhappy with the size or shape of their breasts, or have lost breast tissue due to weight loss or after breastfeeding. For some, it will require both a breast lift and breast augmentation. Women who developed unevenly sized or shaped breasts are often embarrassed and want to undergo surgery to have symmetrical breasts that look and feel natural. Whatever your reasons, Dr. Birely is known as a premier breast augmentation surgeon and can discuss what you hope to achieve, as well as explain all types of implants, the procedure, and where the incisions will be placed.